Having a website that people would want to come to over and over again is essential for a successful business. This means that you will have to create a website that is well designed, streamlined and, of course, fully functional. Remember that no one likes the 404 or 500 errors. You have to make sure that your website is attractive for the potential customers, but, at the same time, you must take care of promoting it carefully. Building a website is just the first step of your marketing strategy. From that point on, you will have a lot of work to do in promoting it and making your business known in the online and offline world. This might sound difficult and scary to do, but that’s why you got us for. The material that you’re just reading will offer you all the details and resources for building a website that rocks.
Remember that you can always call on Modern Exposure for the best web development and design in Calgary. We will take care of every aspect regarding your website, including building it, making a unique web design, creating the content, promoting it in the social media, making it SEO-friendly and much more. This way, you won’t have to perform extra work and clutter your already busy schedule and you will be able to stick to what you know best: running your business. Still, through this material we also want to take care of those who insist in doing all this work by themselves. If you are one of them, then read carefully because you are about to create your own extraordinary website.
We will begin with the basics of website creation and tell you everything you need to know about choosing your web hosting company and an appropriate domain name. These steps are extremely important, as you want to have a domain name that reflects your company’s industry and, at the same time, is easy to remember. It is also essential to go for a reliable web hosting company, so that the above mentioned errors and many others don’t get on your list of webpages. Next, we will go on to showing you how to choose the best website builder or web design company, depending on your needs, budget and expertise. We will even offer you resources for learning web design if you think you’re talented and want to give it a try. We cannot forget about the mighty marketing, so we will also relate to resources about creating a brand, a logo, a slogan etc. If you’re into e-commerce marketing, have no worries, because we have covered this topic too. We will even talk about creating the perfect content to attract new customers and keep the ones you already have interested. Last, but not least, we will get to what interests you the most: how to promote your newly-created website. This includes, but it not limited to PPC advertising, SEO and social media.
So, let’s head on to creating that perfect website for your business.
Chapter 1: Website Creation Fundamentals
In order to have a website you must first choose a domain name. This could be a more difficult job that you might think, as most of the relevant and “cool” names have already been taken. Make sure that your domain name can be easily recalled by the users and that it conveys your business’s vision and industry. Once you have found the perfect domain name for your website, you must register it and in order to do so, you need a domain registrar. You will surely find one in the list we provided. Finally, search for a trustworthy and experienced web hosting company that offers full support for your website.
- Choose a domain name that rocks
- Infographic: How to Choose a Domain Name for Your Business – blogelina.com
- 12 Rules for Choosing the Right Domain Name – moz.com
- Video: How to Choose a Great Domain Name for Your Business – wordtracker.com
- 18 Tools for Picking the Perfect Domain Name – mashable.com
- Pick the best domain registrar
- Domain Registrar Companies Comparison Engine – findthebest.com
- Review of 30 Domain Name Registrar Companies – pcnames.com
- Settle for a web hosting company
- How to Pick a Good Web Hosting Service – pcmag.com
- How to Pick Up the Right Web Host: 15-Point Checklist – webhostingsecretsrevealed.net
- 242 Hosts Reviewed – whoishostingthis.com
Chapter 2: How to Actually Build the Website
Now that you have a registered name and a professional web hosting company, you must get to the actual creation of the website. If you’re on a budget and you need a simple website for a small business, then you can go for a website builder that allows you to develop your website based on various templates and tools they offer. If you’re not that brave, then maybe hiring a freelance web designer sounds like a much better idea or, if you really want your website to look professional and innovative, you can always call on a dedicated web design company. If web design sounds appealing to you, then why not learn a little bit about this domain and build the website on your own from scratch. Whatever you choose, you have it all here.
- Choose a Website Building Platform
- Top 55 Website Building Platforms – modernexposure.ca
- Website Builder Reviews & Comparison – websitebuilderexpert.com
- Hire a Freelancer
- Hiring Freelance Contactors: 8 Things You Need to Know – hongkiat.com
- 10 Tips on Hiring and Working with Freelancers – allbusiness.com
- Hire a Web Design Company
- 10 Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Web Design Company – bluefountainmedia.com
- How to Hire a Good Web Designer and Good Web Developer – quicksprout.com
- Learn Web Design
Chapter 3: Don’t Forget About Marketing
Marketing must be an essential component of your business strategy because it’s the tool that will build your brand and identity and will make you known both in the offline and online worlds. Start with creating the perfect slogan for your business, something that stays on people’s minds and that can be immediately associated with your company. The same rule applies for the logo. Eventually, you will have to create a trustworthy, professional and lasting brand that grows over time. E-mail marketing and the landing pages play an essential role in your marketing strategy and if you own an online shop, you should also take care of building attractive product pages.
- Pick a Great Slogan
- How to Create a Top Marketing Slogan – marketingforsuccess.com
- How to Create a Rock-Solid Tagline that Truly Works – copyblogger.com
- Create a Brand
- How to Create an Impossibly Great Brand – 74 Slides – David Brier
- 9 Principles for Great Branding Design – fastcompany.com
- Choose the Perfect Logo
- How to Choose a Logo Designer – smashingmagazine.com
- How to Choose a Logo Design that is Perfect for You – betterbusinessbrand.com
- How to Create and Choose the Right Logo for Your Business – thebetahub.com
- How Should a Perfect Landing Page Look Like
- Anatomy of a Perfect Landing Page – formstack.com
- How to Make a Landing Page that Converts – kissmetrics.com
- On Page Rankings Factors – moz.com
- E-Commerce Marketing: How Should you Build Your Product Pages
- 31 Things I Need to See on Your E-Commerce Product Page – econsultancy.com
- Great Product Pages – Examples and Analysis – ometria.com
- E-Mail Marketing: What’s the Best Way to Reach Your Customers
- The Ultimate Guide to Successful E-mail Marketing – getvero.com
- Complete Guide to E-mail Marketing – comm100.com
Chapter 4: Content Marketing
The mighty content is significant in attracting customers. Informative, creative and sometimes funny texts with a personal touch have always been appealing for the potential clients, so make sure you have this type of content on your website. Don’t stick just to the web pages. Build a blog to keep the customers informed of your latest products / services or just offer them useful and powerful resources related to your business. Post at least once a week and always be sure that your articles are 100% original. This will increase your value in Google and the other search engines and will make you more visible.
- How to Build Your First Content Marketing Strategy – searchenginewatch.com
- The Advanced Guide to Content Marketing – quicksprout.com
- How to Build and Operate a Content Marketing Machine (e-book) – marketo.com
Chapter 5: Promote, Promote, Promote
How would your website be without promotion? Invisible! As harsh as it may sound, this is the truth. In today’s world, you don’t exist until you have promoted yourself. This is an important and ongoing task, so make sure you do it right. Luckily, the Internet offers a wide array of tools that you can use to come forward. Social media, SEO and PPC advertising are three of the best and most powerful methods of promotion in the online world. When used together correctly, they can do wonders in boosting your virtual presence and increasing your site visitors.
- Social Media for Promotion
- How to Promote Your Content with Social Media – socialmediaexaminer.com
- Advanced Guide to Social Media Marketing – wildshark.com
- An Advanced Guide to Social Media Marketing (e-book) – Simply Zesty
- SEO – How to!
- Beginners Guide to SEO – moz.com
- The Advanced Guide to SEO – quicksprout.com
- The Ultimate Guide to Link Building – backlinko.com
- PPC Advertising is Fantastic
- Pay Per Click Management Explained – portent.com
- The PPC Guide for Begginers – wordstream.com
- PPC University – wordstream.com
No matter how simple or complex you want your website to be, the resources and tools presented in this material are guaranteed to help you transform it into a killer website. Remember that nowadays, the Internet is the most powerful tool when it comes to keeping people informed and helping them take decisions. So, if you want to have a role in this online world, you need to create a website that transmits credibility, professionalism and innovation and that is actually useful for the users. Don’t build a simple webpage just to have an online presence. Do your best to offer valuable and important information for your customers and users so as to keep them coming back. This will also help you build a strong relationship with them.
The step-by-step resources we offered will help you create a website that rocks in all areas: design, functionality, marketing, content and promotion. This means a strong web presence for you, which translates into more customers, increased revenue and the development of a trusted brand: yours. Your business can benefit from all these with the help of a powerful and well-set website.